TACFIT® is the original Tactical Fitness System, created by Scott B. Sonnon. Tactical Fitness is defined as:
• Tactical: Of, relating to, or constituting a series of actions, carefully synchronized, coordinated, planned and executed to achieve a specific end.
• Fitness: methods, protocols, and principles to physically, mentally and emotionally prepare, mitigate and compensate for specific occupational, recreational and lifestyle stressors.
• Tactical Fitness, therefore, is a contiguous approach for specific physical preparation to enter, overcome, and recover from stressors in such a way that the individual and team become stronger, better and healthier from the stressors, rather than deteriorate from them.
The TACFIT system uses 26 workouts, with 4 different levels of challenge, and 6 different protocols of timing. TACFIT helps anyone access their innate fitness potential, by restoring their function in reality-based, practical movement: the way your body was designed and has evolved to freely move without pain. Instead of the conventional “boot camp” mentality, which emphasizes unnecessarily long aerobic work, TACFIT is 20 minutes of safely intense exercise (preceded by target specific warm-up exercises and followed by customized compensatory cool-down exercises).
The exercises are performed with kettlebells, clubbells, parralette bars, medicine balls, pull-up bars, gymnastic rings or straps, sandbags, and plyometric boxes, as well as bodyweight exercises, all designed to help you get leaner, fitter, stronger, and more agile. If you donʼt have one or more of these apparatus, the TACFIT suite of high-performance modular programs cater to your access to equipment and include bodyweight alternatives for all weighted exercises.
TACFIT develops your fitness by hitting all three windows of your biochemistry: the anabolic, muscle-building window, the catabolic, fat-burning window, and the metabolic, energy-building window. The System also helps you:
• Build functional power, stamina, endurance, and agility;
• Improve basic body alignment, biomechanical efficiency, and structural platforms;
• Develop ALL GO not merely “show” muscle for overall athleticism;
• Remove aches and pains by restoring mobility and restabilizing vulnerable joint dysfunction;
• Experience the greatest excitement in restoring your youthful movement that will make you forget how hard youʼre working!
TACFIT redefines fitness as the ability to be more prepared than the challenges you face (called “medical readiness” in tactical-speak), to always be ready to navigate challenges with ease and imagination, to remain in a supple state of flow regardless of the task at hand, and to train with a purpose which has been proven to prevent injuries which happen from random workouts.
TACFIT cascades the entire waterfall of physical attributes: functional stamina, complete range of motion strength, three-dimensional movement potential, multi-modal agility and coordination, compensation for occupational and lifestyle repetitive actions and positions, and an integrated active recovery and rehabilitation. It offers a variable, customizable, incremental path of progress while offering mental alertness, clarity, and concentration, with emotional control and the ability to restore calm chemistry after intense physical exertion.