Here at TACFIT Firefighter, we are well positioned to implement, facilitate and support a health-related fitness program as outlined in NFPA 1583 using the TACFIT System.
The NFPA 1583: Standard on Health-Related Fitness Programs for Firefighters was developed to provide the minimum requirements for fire department members who are involved in rescue, fire suppression, emergency medical services, hazardous materials operations, special operations, and related activities.
The health-related fitness program as outlined in NFPA 1583 includes the following components:
- The assignment of a qualified health and fitness coordinator
- A periodic fitness assessment for all members
- An exercise training program that is available to all members
- Education and counseling regarding health promotion for all members
- A process for collecting and maintaining health-related fitness program data